Tuesday, November 14, 2006

fit to be tied

So I bought this great new pair of running shoes, which I guarantee will rarely be used for running. So I was sitting on the stoop of our fireplace tieing them up when I got home and my mother, interested in my new shoes, was standing by watching and talking to me. Suddenly she stops takes a closer look and bursts out laughing. Apparently the way that I tie my shoes is different then her and as she sees it, ridiculously funny. SHe actually ended up on the floor laughing soo hard. When my dad came ot see what was so funny my mom got me to tie them again for his viewing pleasure. He also laughed... I suffered emotional damage no doubt and will never tie my shoes in public and especially not on a first date. Im trying to decide which is more damaging on a first date ridiculous lace tieing or velcro shoes? hmm Einstein wore velcro. he also painted his door red so he could find his house. If I lived in suberbia I would probobly have to do that. But then I can't imagine living suburbia. maybe serbia though, holy kalishnikov that might suck aswell.

9 comments:

SaraMonet' said...

my sister ties her shoes funny too. i think it's because she was pigeon-toed as a kid and had to reach funny ways to tie them... we still laugh about. definitely don't do it on a first date... they may laugh at you and never, ever want to date you again!

Anonymous said...

Velcro could really go either way.
However, I wouldn't recommend the $12 Velcro shoes they sell at Zellers. Now, if you could find some Reebok Velcro basketball shoes circa 1991, THAT would be pretty righteous.

Anonymous said...

HOLY SHIT, I about had a heart attack when I noticed you updated your blog! Congrats on getting over your blog humiliation and posting, I hope the trend continues. And if it makes you feel better my mom laughs at me when I write certain letters because I don't write them the proper way. The funny thing is she was my kindergarten teacher so its her fault and I think you could blame your parents for how you tie your shoes since they more than likely taught you.

sara without an 'h' said...

I had almost stopped even checking to see if you'd updated your blog, because every time it was so depressing... but then BANG! there wer two new posts.

keep up the updates on how teaching is going!

Mela said...

I think you should tie your shoes proudly. But knowing you, I can't say I really think you'll avoid tying your shoes in public.
By the way, why DON'T more people tie their shoes differently?
I like red front doors. I want one.

Amanda said...

never be embarassed with how you tie your shoes - call it a trademark. i dunno bout the velcro shoes though... for one thing, they aren't practical. after a few months the velcro will be full of fuzzies and won't stick any more. so you're better off not trying it.
good to see you back in the world of communication. :)

Anonymous said...

you should definitely try to use them for running.

sara without an 'h' said...

so you changed your blog format but didn't post...

Amanda said...

lol. i was going to say the same thing!