Tuesday, December 12, 2006

a goodly sum

Good evening
That is such an interesting phrase. Good-even-ing as if at the end of a day all the things will be made equal if only for a few short hours. Well perhaps. per-haps. haps? how come that slipped the lexicon. Well the haps of the day are that my neck is so sore that I feel like I've had a board nailed from my head to my back preventing movement without excruciating pain. I think people become uncomfortable if you turn your whole body ackwardly towards them to talk.
I had my final class evaluation from my supervisor today. These have been going well. It has been said of me that I have all the unteachable skills that it takes to be a teacher. I think this is a high compliment but I worry about all those things I should have paid attention to in class. I am now one week away from being finished the official part of my program. The un-official part being the paperwork, portfolio etc. meh....
Tis a strange thing to think that three years ago I was emailing Eric Vanwyk asking if he might know of a place where I could rest my nog when I got to Sioux Center. January 8th I was moving into the Farmhouse.


"When it is over, I want to say: all my life
Iwas a bride married to amazement.
I was the bridegroom, taking the world into my arms.

When it is over, I don't want to wonder
if I have made of my life something particular,
and real.
I don't want to find myself sighing and
frightened,
or full of argument.

I don't want to end up simply having visited
This world."


Mary Oliver

5 comments:

Amanda said...

funny how things change with time. i wish i coulda known your ten years ago. perhaps my picture of you would be more complete. or maybe not. tis good, i think, that certain things don't change. like that unteachable quality of yours. you'll be a good teacher. i do hope that someday you get a student a bit like you. i think God will smile just a bit. and you? you'll love every minute of it.

Cassie and Kevin Zonnefeld said...

my portfollio is done, minus the student teacher stuff if you need some documentation--I feel as though we have similar thoughts on things--it could work

Mela said...

The days of josh and the farmhouse seem long ago. It feels like that was in a different world. or a different life. Thats how all of my freshmen year feels like actually. I didn't know things could change so much just from one year to the next. But I forsee some major changes between this year and the next. And the next.

r.c.f. said...

indeed.

glad to hear your semester has gone well. good luck with finishing up...sorry we missed your call the other night.

Amanda said...

hoping to call you over christmas break...