Monday, August 20, 2007

sooo Hot

The local swimming pool, a tragedy at this time of year.
Since you haven't yet seen my house I figured I better post a shot. Its the building next to the grape vines, bottom floor. It stays pretty dark.
The local mega-church backed by a cumulonimbus.
I forget this scholars name but its a cool sculpture in front of the local high school.
Can anyone Identify this gourd?
The weather outside is frightful. Luckily the 35c temps are fought off by the air-conditioners which run steadily. This makes the kids and myself short fused. It also makes me short of words so thats all Ive got today.

4 comments:

Swallowfield said...

Dear Joshua, I like the pear looking fruit and the statue. The sad looking pool made me laugh and then wish there was ice cold water in it so you could swim. I thought of you today as I was picking beans and how you would be able to reach the beans at the highest end of the pole for me and how you would enjoy the fresh green beans every night for dinner..and blueberries that are so big that they make us laugh and blackberries that make the best sauce and juice. And I thought of Lio Lionni's story about Frederick that we used to read and how I hope that you have enough of a Telegraph Trail summer saved in your heart and memory to imagine it in word pictures right now.
Love you.

beim said...

Josh, hope all is well in the heat. Not much new here; Canucks unveiling new jerseys on Wednesday (the little things keep us going...).

sara without an 'h' said...

Hope things are looking up...and that the weather cools down for you.

Justine Ann said...

wow.
hot! I hope the temperature gets more comfortable soon too.

do you ever check your e-mail?