Monday, April 10, 2006

the very last of the last blog

I looked at myself in the mirror just now and noticed that I have a rather sizeable beard. I know it may seem only logical seeing as I havn't shaved in some time. But it struck me as quite wonderful that I have hair, blonde, red and brown that grows in force out of my lower face. what a wonderful special feature to this body that God has given me.
I had a wonderful conversation tonight with Mike Kramer, Jeff Schutter and Dena Nickoli about weddings and how they are best when they include, camping, wine and at least one slightly awkward but humorous situation involving a sauced reletive. beer, t-shirts and sauced friends are also good, and Jack maatman leaving his shoe untied at the alter. and about travelling which should be done a lot and northern lights and how good they are and about that couple that just eloped and live in North and East hall and how funny that is.
I feel often as If Dordt is a college built in a glass bottle like those ships in a bottle, it is good however that it has a strangely high number of amazong people in it. I really look forward to leaving, though I will miss these people.
I'm really looking forward to the first day this summer when I can go to work and pound a nail into a board, there is somthing so immediatly gratifying about that act. after learning as my Dad has always said that delayed gratification is always better, Dordt is certainly a good place to learn that, I will revel in the simple act of hitting a nail with a hammer..... is this what blogs are supposed to be? places to whisper out into cyber space about how much you want to hit nails?
oh well it is the last blog i'll write.... good night

2 comments:

r.c.f. said...

mud on his shoes and poop in his pants.

alan said...

i really don't hope it's the last blog of yours. especially after you're gone.

i really want to play rebellion in public again.