Thursday, March 08, 2007

Knee-on Bye-Bull

Its good.
the arcade fire album is good.\
it doesn't come with the jolting freshness of Funeral, that beautiful unexpectation like getting hit with lighting. Buying this album was more like going to touch an electric wire and your not sure if its on, but you hope it isn't and the anticipation is more painful then the jolt could ever be.
I find the albums themes appropriatly dark without losing light. "the well and the lighthouse" and "keep the cars running " are ......music reviews are not my thing.
I love this album
its good
there are good songs on it
I like the things they say
Organs are powerfully sublime
that is somewhat redundant
amen

3 comments:

Jonathan said...

Thanks for the review! I heard one of their songs on the radio.

felt the same way.

Mmmm... Arcade fire.

Dunkleburger said...

i heard one of their old albums the other day - it surprised me.

Adam said...

I'm right there with your review. Not quite as amazing as Funeral but a worthy successor. I wept upon my first listening to the "No Cars Go" remake.

KEEP. PAINTING. For all that is good and true.