Friday, March 09, 2007

Larry King

I got very impatient with my blog layout because It looked like whatever that thing is that larry king sits in front of.
I dont have much else to say; its friday..
I think I'll head into the city tonight and see the sights and hear the sounds.

check out the link I have under "the others" that reads "asher in sierra leone" now there's sombody with somthing to write about... he's my brother in case you didn't know.

Well lets see I guess I can shine a light on my life.. a little. I have been substitute teaching in Langley Christian school for most of the week. Today I taught Communications 11, Bible 10, Band 10 and PE 10. Of course all things that I have prepared for as a teacher. Most of my days are really about tugging together the wide strands of my sentience and dangling them as best I can in hopes that the students will be able to get what they need to out of the class.
Some days this goes very well. On wednesday I taught science 8 and led a lab on Viscosity of milkshakes and increased vacums in various straw sizes. Milkshakes, straws...eighth graders...can't really go that wrong.

4 comments:

Dena said...

Just wanted to say "hi" Josh. Hope all continues to go well with the eighth graders.

Mud On His Shoes said...

hi dena
the eighth graders are on a rainy spring break now.

Amanda said...

I smile when I picture you in front of a class of eighth graders playing with straws and milkshakes... (that word "eighth"...looks funny when you spell it...).
Dying to hear the new ArcadeFire album... hard to do without a compatible computer. Perhaps in the meantime I can build up even half the anticipation you probably had... :)

Chaz said...

Hi Josh,

I noticed that you were teaching at Langley Christian School. I've been doing a lot of subbing in the area over the last year, and have an interview for an elementary school position at that school.

Any interview tips you could give me would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Charles