Sunday, June 10, 2007

"I got the style but not the grace, I got the clothes but not the face"

Well as far as culture shock goes that was quite the ride. I just spent an extended five day weekend in Osaka Japan. I felt like Frodo and Sam ( yes both of them at once) in the land of the elves. The country is so different only strains of common ground remain. I spent most of my time in the downtown hip area of Osaka called Namba, the clothes the food (except starbuck and Mc D's) so much variety and beauty. I was able to see the 17th century Osaka castle and go on a walk through a large area of shrines and temples. I also got into just stopping people on the street and taking there photo and trying to chat. I took a train through two mountains (literally through them) and went to the city of Nara where there are all these deer that are tame and wander around and nudge you for food. And I saw the biggest Buddah in the world....annd... and. I luckily brought my friend Jon's Camera. I have a lot of pictures and I will post them because I really can't describe it in words.

2 comments:

Justine Ann said...

sounds amazing!

Amanda said...

can't wait to see pics!