Monday, April 16, 2007

Wet Feet

So Im here
I now reside in a city of many milions of people that stretches as far as the eye can see, if it could see for the smog. Actually I have not found the air that bad, though there are a lot of people around wearing masks. I have a beautiful sunny classroom in a quaint school in the wealthiest area of seoul known as Gangnam. I am overwhelmed by all the new and strange experiences. I feel powerless as a language minority and look forward to learning to speak it. Dinner was my first experience with Kim Chi. I loved it.
I will get some pictures and more posts soon

4 comments:

Margaret said...

You made it! Good. We were thinking about you yesterday and wondering if you started on Monday B.C. time, or Monday Korea time. Pictures please!

Margaret said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jack. said...

amazazing!

i meant to call or email you before you left, but either way, I'm glad you made it safely.

keep writing, i can't wait to hear stories!

Justine Ann said...

exciting!

Gabe, Stacey and I had kim chee and mundoo at the market on Saturday in honor of your being probably half-way to Korea. It was very good.... mundoo better than kim chee.... great green onion cakes too. I smell it all day, every saturday when I work.

Glad you made it there safely. definitely keep posting!