Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Sorry its just that there's 20million people worth of fun to be had

So this weekend was great I went out to Itaewon to check out the scene on Friday night and had a great time with Rebbecca from TO and Courtney from Buffalo they showed me all there favorite sights. Itaewon is the haven for foreigners in Seoul you feel like you enter this weird twilight zone. The influx of American Gi's makes it really suck on the street but so long as you stay out of the hip hop clubs and hooker bars its ok. Plus they get the Military police to clean them all out for their 11:00pm curfew. Sucks to be in the army. When you are seeing lots of GI's though there is an amazing multi-cultural ism to the place. Korea has harbored many African (especially Sudanese) refugees. There are great Turkish Hookah bars also.
On Saturday I went to the 1st Seoul World DJ fest. Though it took forever to find the place it was well worth it and I wasn't on my way home till about 5am with the dance party still going.
Last night I had my first Korean Gym experience. The gym was however a branch of the California Wow fitness clubs. But of course this one is Korea style. So it is as big as all Vancouver's fitness centers put together. The hot tubs and saunas were pretty sweet.
Any way I have to get to the rug rats who right now are have play time with Duskim my co teacher. I have finally gotten sick. Everyone told me it was coming and so its no surprise. The pollution and new germs just took three weeks to finally get to me. Ill live.

6 comments:

Dennis said...

Dear Joshua, Ahhhh, we wanted to hear about the cute little kids in your class and your amazing lessons. And find a cheap camera so we can see you and the kids.
Do you get any mud on your shoes in the concrete city? Parks? greenspace?
thanks for this morning's Korean Parent Day phone call!!
Love you M and D

Mela said...

Sorry to hear you're sick. Hope you feel better soon enough.
Good to hear you're enjoying yourself out there though!

Mela said...

ps - I changed my blogger url so my name isn't in it anymore. its crmlvndr dot blogspot...

beim said...

Josh, could use you for the staff softball team tomorrow, but you are tied up. Can we make comments about the Canucks yet? Luongo was unbelievable. Miss hearing your classic stories in the staff room. It looks like Claiborne is come to FVC next March. Hope all is well.

Amanda said...

-big cities can be great.
-yay for hookah bars.
-mmm...dancing...
-sorry...can't picture you in a gym.
-maybe in a sauna.
-you know what they say about going abroad: avoid fresh fruits and don't breath the air.
-get well soon!

Asher deGroot said...

avoid fresh fruits? are you crazy. How would I live if it wasn't for the Mangos in Kabala!!